Sustainable Leaders create keystone habits that leverage small wins to achieve BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goals)
While “SMART goals” have their purpose and place, creating and maintaining new habits is a more effective strategy.
There are many reasons people are reluctant to set goals, and even more reasons why they fail to achieve goals. If this is you, consider these key ingredients:
1. Public accountability – Tell someone, better yet put it in writing AND share it with others!
2. A shorter feedback loop or time-frame (30 days is perfect) with which to adjust course as necessary.
3. 1 Action Step you can take in the next 48 hours is essential to motivate you to continue with the next Action Step (and public accountability for that action is essential, too).
4. Clear Impact: Can you answer the question, “What difference will it make for me, my family, community, organization, customers, etc.) when I achieve the goal?”
5. You have a BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious) goal, that involves your team and their public buy in, too!
Start now: Post your BHAG for 2013? If you have one for yourself and one for your organization, post it too!
[sharebox4 sharetext=”Share”] [/sharebox4]